Movies. Films. And movies.

Monday, September 25, 2006


John Mayer / Sheryl Crow
Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver
September 22, 2006


I have been a John Mayer fan since the moment “No Such Thing” hit my eardrums. His music connects with me (not unusual since I am about the same age as him) and it never fails to entertain me no matter how many times I spin his CD. The last time John visited Vancouver was on Valentine’s Day of 2004 -- a day I will never forget. He began “our date”, as he referred to it, with “Bigger Than My Body” and proceeded to “pet” and then “pound” us throughout the evening and right into the encore.



On his latest visit however, John was not alone. When I first heard that Sheryl Crow was touring with John, I must admit that I was kind of disappointed. I don’t dislike Sheryl Crow, but I don’t love her work as much as John’s either. I wanted John Mayer and only John Mayer. When I found out that John was opening for her in Vancouver, I was even more disappointed.

Then she sang. Sheryl Crow can now add another fan to the millions she already has. Physically she is tiny, but presence wise -- she can pack ten full sized stadiums and rock them to their knees. She is awesome. She has overcome breast cancer and now is back to share her singing/songwriting talents with the world -- and boy oh boy are we glad she has.

So, at the end of the evening I was not only thrilled about the fact that I just watched John Mayer perform some new singles from his latest album, Continuum -- but I was also thrilled that I had become a Sheryl Crow fan as well.

Come back soon John and Sheryl!!!



“JOHN MAYER SET LIST”

Belief
Bigger Than My Body
Vultures
I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You)
My Stupid Mouth
Why Georgia
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
Daughters
Good Love is On the Way
Gravity
Waiting on the World to Change
In Repair



“Sheryl Crow Set List”

CHANGE
HARD TO MAKE
FAVORITE MISTAKE
FIRST CUT
MISSISSIPPI
GOOD IS GOOD
IT DON’T HURT
REDEMPTION
HOME
STRONG ENOUGH
REAL GONE
STEVE MCQUEEN
SOAK UP THE SUN
WINDING ROAD
**********************
(encore)
HAPPY
ROCK N ROLL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home