Movies. Films. And movies.

Monday, January 01, 2007


*Nacho: Ok. Orphans! Listen to Ignacio. I know it is fun to wrestle. A nice piledrive to the face... or a punch to the face... but you cannot do it. Because, it is in the Bible not to wrestle your neighbour.

Chancho: So you've never wrestled?

Nacho: Me? No. Come on. Don't be crazy. I know the wrestlers get all the fancy ladies, and the clothes, and the fancy creams and lotions. But my life is good! Really good! I get to wake up every morning, at 5 AM, and make some soup! It's the best. I love it. I get to lay in a bed, all by myself, all of my life! That's fantastic! Go. Go away! Read some books!



Nacho Libre
Starring Jack Black, Ana de la Reguera, Hector Jimenez
Written and Directed by Jared Hess


THE CASE: A Mexican friar who dreams of more for himself and the orphans in his monastery, dons a mask and some tights to moonlight as a Luchador wrestler.


THE GOOD: Jack Black is hilarious as usual. He has no humility and that is his greatest strength. He goes all out as a Luchador wrestler and even does an uneven, but absolutely hilarious Mexican accent. The wrestling matches are loads of fun and the premise is simple and sweet.


THE BAD: The comedic timing is a little off throughout the film (Jared Hess did a better job with Napoleon Dynamite) and a lot of the gags fall flat. The trailer makes the film appear funnier than it actually is.


THE LAW: If you like wrestling or Jack Black, Nacho Libre is definitely worth checking out. If you liked Napoleon Dynamite and are expecting the same kind of laughs, I advise you to avoid this film and just go watch Napoleon Dynamite again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home